I abhor writing anything on American politics for the simple reason that I dont get a vote. Of course, during the months of March and April, I complain about taxation without representation and such but that is just the angst of a man who will not be able to afford to go to Vegas that summer. Technically when I did have representation (in India) I had no taxation because the grand sum of all my incomes was an imposing diddly-squat. Such is the irony of life. However I have one thing to say to those people who have entry to this after hours club they call american democracy.
- If even one person on the ballot insists on pronouncing the word nuclear nucular kindly do yourself a favor and vote for the other guy. There I said it.
Lol...since when did pronunciation and grammar become a pre-requisite for American Presidency? What are you going to propose next, that the minimum IQ needs to be 60? How preposterous!
ReplyDeleteYedho Thamizhla ellam ezhidhi kalakkare. It's taking me a full 10 minutes to read each of those entries. Shame on me!
Jun: That was just a rant. In the gr8 words of Koundamani Naan ellaam karuththu solave koodaathu :).
ReplyDeleteAnd brush up on the tamil there is more coming.
You know, I know hardcore Republicans that have changed their pronunciation, taking after their President. In one case, the accused's father is an engineer at the largest nuclear submarine shipyard in the world! Wonder what he thinks of his son's conversion!
ReplyDeleteIITG: Tut..Tut.. Who've you been hanging out with? I guess that is when yuo know he has really drunk the cool aid.
ReplyDelete