Sometimes I obsess about existential ruts of my own creation. Sometimes I obsess about what's for dinner. I find the latter obsession more satisfying. (Views are personal)
About Me
- complicateur
- Prone to hyperbole. Self indulgent to a fault. Compulsive Liar. Inveterately Honest. Obviously Oxymoronic.
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
R.I.P Lohithadas
Jeyamohan writes a series of posts on Lohithadas, my favorite script writer in the Malayalam paradigm. Just the loglines of chempattu excite so many possibilities! They also mention Lohithadas' somewhat erroneous assertion that cinema is nothing but it's sahithyam. Quite ironic considering Bharathan was Lohi's favorite director. Regardless Lohi will be sorely missed. Especially if some of the projects Jeyamohan talks about never materialize.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Read JM's posts. Felt he took some liberal digs at Lohitadas. The movies sound pretty interesting though.
ReplyDeleteWithout being anal about understanding every word I think I should just take the plunge. pArkka aarambichchA bhAshai purinjirum 'ngra dhairyathula iRanga vENdiyadhu dhaan 'nu ninaikkiREn. Its as close another tongue as I could ask for.
Talking about watching without exactly understanding. I found this in the post about Arthur Wilson quite hilarious
ReplyDeleteஒருமுறை நான் அவருடன் அமர்ந்து ஒரு படம் பார்த்தேன். அரை இருட்டு. ஒருவன் ஒருத்தியிடம் நெருங்கி ஏதோ செய்ய அல்லது சொல்ல அவள் அப்படியே கதறியபடி தரையில் அமர்ந்துவிடுகிறாள். எனக்கு ஒன்றும் புரியவில்லை.”என்ன பிரதர்? என்ன ஆச்சு ?” என்றேன் பதற்றமாக.
”தரைக்கு மட்டும் லைட் லீக் போட்டிருக்கான் சார்” என்றார் வில்சன் அமைதியாக.
Yes digs, but loving digs. Lohithadas comes of as quite the hedonist.
ReplyDeleteI've read the Arthur Wilson post before the entire article is quite funny and seems like he and Lohi share gluttony as a favorite vice.
And since we are sharing Jeyamohan articles: http://jeyamohan.in/?p=3157
//http://jeyamohan.in/?p=3157//
ReplyDeleteOh yeah.
In line with today's post revealing his intention to resign
There is a long essay in the archives about Nanjil Nadan. There is a hilarious part about his considering resignation and showing JM the draft of his resignation letter. A worried JM calls Su.Ra.
நான் அதே உச்சகட்ட அச்சத்துடன் சுந்தர ராமசாமிக்கு ·போன்செய்தேன்.
“சார் நீங்க நாஞ்சில் நாடன்கிட்ட பேசுங்க. ரிசைன் செய்யப்போறார்னு சொல்றார்”
“சொல்லிட்டாரா? சரிதான்”
“இல்ல சார்…”
“ஜெயமோகன், அவரு அந்த லெட்டரை எழுதி பதினஞ்சு வருஷத்துக்கு மேலே ஆகும்னு நினைக்கிறேன். அதெல்லாம் அப்டி குடுத்திர மாட்டார்… பேசாம வாங்கோ… அதிலே புதிசா ஏதாவது நல்ல ஸென்டன்ஸ் இருந்தா அப்றமா சொல்லுங்கோ”
:-)
----------------------
The general public will have to follow Blackadder's sidekick Baldrick's line of thinking. He plans to bring about the revolution by marrying into aristocracy - internal sabotage.
dagalti, yes, you must. Understanding enna periya podalangai. Remember intentional fallacy?
ReplyDelete